Quicksilver

Quicksilver and Tallyhawk by JoshBurnsArt
Hey everybody, so here is the final portrait for the Silverhawks I have been painting! This cyborg is Quicksilver and his bird is Tallyhawk. I felt this #retrocartoon is a bit underrated which is why I painted it. It is a good cartoon! ^_^
     The animation left a lot of the metal bodies' details open to interpretation so I kept it as close to the cartoon as possible. In fact I also left the metal body parts flex as muscles move. Otherwise Quicksilvers body would have looked like plate mail armor. It just wasn't organic enough. Tallyhawk also was painted the same way. I wasn't trying to make the bodies perform in a perfect way, just enough to be believable. Trying to paint chrome-like bodies was tough. I had to reference many chrome vehicles and suits of armor. Of course I had refs for blue sunglasses and red tailed hawks as well. 
     I used Painter12, Photoshop CC2014, and the Wacom IntuosPro large (felt nibs). I hope everyone is digging how this turned out. If anyone has any questions regarding the paints I did of the Silverhawks, please email me. Also feel free to share if you like em'.
JoshBurnsArt@me.com
Friend me on FaceBook as well ^_^
https://www.facebook.com/joshua.burns.1694

Cheers,
Josh Burns
Quicksilver and Tallyhawk from cartoon

Comments

Popular Posts