The Chimera Brigade issue 2

Hey everyone, here's another cover I created for Titan Comics. This one was for The Chimera Brigade, issue 2. The character is an evil scientist named Eisenstein. From what I learned he is 1/4 Hitler. So what I tried to create was a sense of evil, casting half his face in shadows to help showcase his glowing eye when he uses his psychic powers. I kept the background simple. Since I didn't really have the time to get too in depth there, I used imagery from black contrails of WWII fighter airplanes. I think over all it turned out well at this stage. 

Titan did request changes to move the character down so the title wouldn't cover too much of him. Np. Also they requested that his eye to have more of a lightning feel so that it didn't look too cybernetic/robotic. Personally I feel it hurt the evil feeling of the villain just a bit, but the lightning still looks exciting. I thought it was good to go, I thought. Apparently down the pipe someone wanted another change..

I was surprised to see the cover altered further via Previews. Another person did some editing adding all of those words and flames. Meh :(
I wish I had be given the chance to revise it myself, even reworking it.

I hope you like the glare of sinister evil nonetheless. Muwahahaha!

Cheers,
Josh Burns
facebook.com/JoshBurnsArt



Comments

Popular Posts